- 1 cup Oatmeal (acts as a natural moisturizer and cleanser while also fighting dry skin and itchiness)
- 1 cup Baking Soda (also a natural cleanser)
- 20 drops Essential Oil (optional) such as lavender and tea tree oil
- 1 Tbs Honey (acts as a humectant which helps draw and maintain moisture and as an antibacterial)
- 1 1/2 cups Water (add more for a longhaired dog)
- Grind the oatmeal to the consistency of flour in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Pour the oatmeal, baking soda, and oils into a bowl.
- Slowly begin adding in the water about a half cup at a time and stirring.
- Once you have added in all the water, add the honey and stir. In the end you should have a consistency somewhat like a pancake batter.
- When you’re ready to give your pup a bath, wet their coat thoroughly with water, then lather the homemade oatmeal dog shampoo in your hands and massage into his/her fur for about 5 min. Rinse and dry.