- 5 Things to Look for When Buying a Cat Litter Mat
- Overall Best Cat Litter Mat
- 5 More Great Cat Litter Mat Options
- Concluding Remarks
Firstly, there are a variety of materials to choose from when deciding on the perfect litter mat for your kitty.
- Nylon: Easy to clean and soft on your cat’s paws
- Plastic: Typically made of strong, PVC material, making it difficult for your cats to potentially claw it up.
- Recycled Materials: Soft cushion for your cat’s comfort and easy to trim down for a custom fit.
- Rubber: Flexible and easy to clean.
- Silicone: Hygienic and durable with flexible cleaning options.
- Vinyl: Durable, rip and tear proof.
- Foam: Soft and gentle on kitty’s paws, and can be machine washed.
- Linen: Can be trimmed down to the perfect size.
|Sneak Peak: Best Cat Litter Mats|
5 Things to Look for When Buying a Cat Litter Mat
- Material – The first thing to consider when purchasing the purrfect cat litter mat for your feline friend is material. Just as there are a plethora of cat litter materials to choose from, the same goes for mats. When deciding on a litter mat, take into consideration any allergies your cat may have. Your cat may also be sensitive to certain surfaces or smells. If you can’t eliminate any materials due to your cat’s preferences, let’s move on…
- Cleanliness – Some cat litter mat materials will be easier to clean than others. For example, a nylon mat could benefit from a quick wipe down, whereas a plastic, deep mesh mat may require more work to get clean. Some foam mat options are even machine washable. If you have a cat that tends to make messes, a nylon multi-layer mat could potentially be your best bet.
- Cost – Cost is a variable for most pet parents, and some materials or setups may be more expensive than others. You may find yourself paying more for a dual-layer, litter trapping mat as opposed to a simple rubber mat.
- Size – Your cat’s litter box area could be lacking space, which will limit the size of mat you need. Mats made of foam, linen or recycled materials can be cut down to fit to certain specifications. Plastic and rubber mats tend to be available in standard sizes or half circles.
- Durability – Your kitty may like to scratch after using their litter box, in which case you’ll need a more durable material for the mat. Tough plastic mats are a good choice for cats that enjoy scratching or clawing, as well as vinyl and silicone.
Overall Best Cat Litter Mat
At the top of our list of best cat litter mats is the iPrimio Cat Litter Trapper EZ Clean Mat. The two layers of this mat work together to create the ultimate comfortable and clean post-litter box experience for your cat.
The top layer of the iPrimio cat litter mat consists of large honeycomb-shaped openings, allowing for excess litter to fall beneath to the second layer. Any litter thrown out of the box or stuck to your cat’s paws will get trapped in the honeycomb openings.
The bottom layer of the the iPrimio litter mat is plastic, which deters urine odors and is super easy to clean. The entire mat is water repellent, and soft on fragile cat paws. Is your cat known for creating litter messes? The iPrimio Cat Litter Trapper EZ Clean Mat may be the solution for you. Just put a puppy pad between the two layers for effortless cleanup!
|Our 2023 Picks for Best Cat Litter Mats|
5 More Great Cat Litter Mat Options
The PetFusion ToughGrip cat litter mat is made from premium, hygienic FDA grade silicone. It features anti-microbial and water stain resistant properties. Unlike mats with deep crevices, the PetFusion messes happen on the surface where they are easy to clean off. These attributes make this litter mat a good option if your cat is known for making a mess with litter or urine.
The PetFusion ToughGrip mat is comfortable for your cat but also durable. The elevated ridge design make the mat easy to clean with a broom, vacuum or sponge. The outer lip of the mat keep the litter contained, and you can even pour the excess litter back into the box courtesy of the side spout. Overall the PetFusion ToughGrip Gray Cat Litter Mat is good for cleaning, durability and comfort.
Fresh Kitty foam litter mats are stylish, comfortable and offer no-hassle cleaning. The soft foam material is gentle on your cat’s sensitive paws, making it attractive to walk on after using the litter box. The foam ridges trap litter and prevent tracking.
The best part about the Fresh Kitty Foam Chevron Cat Litter Mat is the fact that it’s machine washable! How easy it that?! Simply dispose of the excess litter from the mat, then throw it in the washing machine for a thorough cleaning. The top benefits of the Fresh Kitty foam mats are by far the ease of cleaning, price and comfort.
The Drymate Cat Litter Mat is sure to keep your cat happy and your floors clean. The innovative, textured design can be trimmed down to fit your custom litter space, making it the perfect litter box companion.
Drymate Cat Litter Mats are made of polyester from recycled fibers. The backing is non-slip and waterproof, preventing urine from seeping through the mat. To clean it, simply shake the mat clean and put it in the washing machine for a deep cleaning. Cleaning convenience and ability to fit the Drymate Cat Litter Mat anywhere make it an attractive litter mat choice.
PetFusion brand offers another cat litter mat which makes our list – the SmartGrip Litter Mat! The soft, flexible, stylish mat is an excellent solution for your litter box space. When your cat relaxes her paws on the soft material, litter will be held in place on the mat via small indentations. The large outer indentation will stop excess litter that tries to escape.
The PetFusion SmartGrip Litter Mat is flexible, allowing it to fit in tight spaces if necessary. Cat parents can effortlessly clean this mat using a vacuum or sponge. We recommend the SmartGrip Litter Mat for style, comfort and effective litter trapping.
The rubber litter mat that makes our list is the Omega Paw Cleaning Litter Mat. The variety of ridges on this mat capture and hide litter as your cat is walking across it. The super cute design adds an adorable flare to your kitty’s litter area.
The rubber design of the Omega Paw Cleaning Litter Mat is easy to clean and wipe down. The non-slip material ensures that the mat won’t slide across the floor as your cat walks on it. Key benefits of the Omega Paw litter mat are the cost, design and ease of cleaning.
When choosing a litter mat it’s important that you take your cat’s needs into consideration first and foremost. You can purchase almost any material to fit your space, but keep in mind that mats made from foam, linen and recycled materials are easiest to custom fit. Want a machine washable mat? Foam and polyester may be the best choice for you. Whatever you decide on, remember to clean your cat’s litter box and accessories in a well-ventilated location, and wash your hands after doing so.